Skill Level | Intermediate and advanced photographers interested in getting their work published in book form.
Description | Steve Raymer, a National Geographic photographer and professor, shares the lessons he has learned as the author, picture editor, and photographer of eight books for publishers like the National Geographic, CNN, and Oxford University Press.
In this Workshop Raymer discusses how to pitch a book to a publisher, how to create a chapter outline and how to shoot the pictures and edit them into a compelling presentation. He also discusses the basics of layout and design, generating a mock-up of your book, and securing a publisher.
• Learn how to select what kinds of pictures are necessary for a photographic book and how they differ from photographs for clients.
• Get the chance to discuss your own photobook project with Steve Raymer from National Geographic.
• Discuss the fundamentals of picture editing for a book.
• Create a grid or visual game plan for the design of a photo book.
• Understand how to conceive and "pitch" a book
• Bring your own photo book project or images you want to create a book from
Earlybird Discounted Workshop Ticket |
Workshop Ticket at the Door |