Skill Level | Beginner - Intermediate
Description | How does the industry affect the package? Where do the boxes go? What is important in the package? In this exclusive talk and workshop you will find answers to all these questions. You will look at packaging materials and structure and the role of packaging from the designer to the container to the store. You will build different types of boxes and put them under an ultimate pressure test in a "Flex your Muscles" competition.
Workshop Talk | Case in a Carton
The talk will look into various forms of packaging in different industries today and the life of a shipping box in the dark. From nested packaging to materials and structure, how does a piece go into a case, in a carton, on a pallet, in a container.
Workshop | Build the Box
The workshop will focus on building different types of ‘boxes’ that can hold eggs.
Split up into teams, attendees will build and test the packaging, remake and tweak, until the eggs are a perfect fit. Once complete the fun competition "Flex your Muscles" will determine which package design wins.
• Packaging design is not only about graphics and branding, there is a lot more to it.
• Needs and uses of packaging are evolving.
• Packages go through a lot of stress.
• Just designing a package on your computer doesn’t mean the package is going to work, prototyping and testing is crucial in order to validate the structure.
• Sustainability, material, and cost factors will become ever more demanding.
Earlybird Discounted Workshop Ticket |
Workshop Ticket at the Door |